PUGSTER

360702_$4.99 Fashion Beads!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Recycled Paper from Jeans and more!

On a whim, I googled "make paper out of denim" and guess what?  You can TOTALLY do it!


 There are actual sites out there that show you how! This site has easy, clear instructions on turning those bluejeans into stationary.  If you want to make your own paper from other things, Hub Pages has a great tutorial along with great how-to videos!  Here is another site explaining papermaking.   You can make your own deckle  too .


 Basically, a deckle is a frame with a screen in it inside of another frame with a screen.  AND....get this...you can make paper from DRYER LINT!  No kidding!

  I've used lint for doll and pilllow stuffing and with wax for fire starter,



 but THIS one excites me...Think of all the different colors you can get!



 Go to This website to see how to use your lint!  This site has a lot of great pics as well as another tutorial on making your own deckle.

I haven't made my own paper yet, mostly because I have a small house and this seems like a project better suited to my back porch, but I DEFINATELY have it in my to -do  list!  The thing I'm most excited about is the use I have for the paper!  I am going to embed wildflower seeds in it and cut it into tag sized sheets.



 Then I'm going to attatch it to my items for sale. Then people can plant their tag, water it, and watch it grow! If your interested in using seeds....check this site out .

There I told you about it....now get making paper and share your links to what you made!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know how old this post is but both links to sites for tutorials are no longer available. Just thought you should know.

Snapfinger

logos01_leaderboard

Swagbucks are AWESOME!

Search & Win